As a Technical Program Manager on the NatSec Tech Team, you will work closely with AWS’s NatSec Leaders to determine the skills needed to deliver on customer projects. You’ll use this information to recruit, train, and deliver next generation technical talent that is capable of delivering solutions independently or as part of a larger team. You’ll provide coaching and mentor through the team members lifecycle to maintain a high state of Learn and Be Curious and Deliver Results. You will lead project discovery efforts to identify the latest trends in the public sector market and use this information to inform the development of your direct reports. You will develop deep connections with service teams internally and with customers to keep builders engaged on a variety of technologies. You will help develop the industry’s best Cloud Consultants, Engagement Managers, Practice Managers, Enterprise Service Managers, and Advisory Consultants by coordinating the essential elements of their training curriculum. You will model to your directs how to prioritize their efforts and support them in developing a vision for a successful career within AWS as a technical contributor. You will ensure that your builders learn and implement AWS best practices.
- Manage the ProServe NatSec Technical Development Program (TDP) for early career hires under the leadership of the TDP Practice Manager.
- Maintain the high morale of your team and ensure the team is connected to the business’s success. Conduct sensing sessions and use tools to measure and track morale. Actively circulate in areas where your directs sit, understand challenges and develop mechanisms to resolve.
- Drive operational excellence in everything we do. This includes creating effective processes and procedures, then automating them to improve efficiency in our day-to-day tasks and projects..
- Advise and coach your team to overcome challenges and drive continuous improvement for customers. Develop your directs to quickly adapt to new environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems when required.
- Establish goals, plans, and metrics to track progress to achieve program objectives. Own and develop the relationship with your customers and internal stakeholders to ensure TDP’ers are aligned to team roadmaps. Assist Amazonians, customers, partners in understanding how to best engage your team. Articulate business/industry fundamentals (e.g., ROI, TCO); understand regulations and operational excellence; familiarity with business strategy and trends in the IT industry (e.g., CI/CD, IoT, Predictive Analytics)
- Work collaboratively and transparently with senior leaders to align TDP team with core businesses activities. Support the vision and direction of the TDP Program under the direction of the Practice Manager. Escalate issues to the TDP Practice Manager and NatSec Operations Lead.
- Lead in hiring quality personnel who not only fit the needs of the current organization but also will allow the team to scale with platform and service growth. Coordinate with AWS Recruiting to evaluate potential candidates, participate in phone screens and provide relevant feedback during on-site interviews. Ensure proper training for all new hires. Research customer requirements, markets, competitors, and environments and use this to define and validate talent development initiatives.
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Mentored, coached or trained other customers, partners, or developers on best practices.
- Experience working as part of a team of consultants to support customer migrations, proofs of concept builds, leading executive workshops, and working backwards sessions.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience working with a diverse team, including early career, military, and transitioning professionals
- 3+ years people management experience or relevant leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and have/maintain an active TS/SCI Security Clearance with Polygraph.
- Experience getting solutions accredited to operate in compliance with ITAR, FEDRAMP, or NIST 800-53
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Herndon, VA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A