As a machine learning scientist in the Amazon Ad Server data team, you will be investigating and developing machine learning technologies to address some of the most interesting challenges in the ad tech space.
The team you will be joining has an expertise in big data technologies which facilitate the end to end processing of impressions, views, clicks, and interaction events in ads. This is a unique opportunity to take on a technical leadership role and be responsible for designing and delivering machine learning based algorithms to help our team meet its goals.
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
- Mentor junior team members, and guide them on machine learning and data modeling applications
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data
- Maintain, evaluate and improve existing models
- Use statistic analysis and machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Design, experiment and evaluate highly innovative models for regression and classification challenges
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation together with software engineering teams
- Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with programming languages languages such as Python, C, C++, Java etc.
- A PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics or a related field
- Functional knowledge of AWS platforms such as S3, Glue, Athena, SageMaker
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in building machine learning models for business applications
- 1+ year distributed programming experience
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Master’s degree with applied research experience
- Experience of building machine learning models for business application
- Experience in mentoring junior team members, and guiding them on machine learning and data modeling applications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A