The successful candidate will be able to effectively retrieve, integrate, visualize and present critical data to improve the efficiency of the package delivery network, and enable efficient management of a large global logistics system. This individual will work with technical and business teams to optimize planning, execution, process improvement and track progress against goals. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen and comfort with technical teams and systems. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and enjoy working with large scale of data.
- Partner with Data Engineering and Software Development Engineers to prioritize and define AMZL data and BI development needs
- Conduct deep dive investigations into operations execution and business problems, identify opportunities, and lead or support implementation (role varies by opportunity).
- Serve as liaison between the WW Planning and Analytics team and the operations business teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current delivery performance, and ad hoc investigations into future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Analyse and visualize large scale geo-spatial logistics and transaction data to determine user behavior or delivery process problems, and output solid analysis report with recommendation.
- Work with in-house scientists, global supply chain, transportation and logistics teams to identify new BI capabilities and projects
- Partner with internal stakeholders across multiple teams, gathering requirements and delivering complete solutions
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
- Organizational skill and an operations mindset.
- Recent experience implementing basic software solutions to automate data source, visualization and/or data modeling application.
- Advanced understanding and experience working with data warehousing, data quality.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Recent experience applying visualization tools such as interactive GIS visualization and processing systems, Tableau, QuickSight, Qlik View to data elements.
- MBA/MS in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning or advanced degree.
- Ability to understand operations at a detailed, practical level and to think big / strategically
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and ETL jobs.
- Interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Customer focus and professional demeanor.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated excellence in working with operations teams.
- Project Management experience and/or Tech product management experience
- 8+ years of relevant work experience building end to end solutions to performance measurement and process improvement in a transportation, logistics or supply chain setting.
- MBA or quantitative graduate degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field.
- Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A