At AWS, we are looking for a Senior Practice Manager with a successful record of leading enterprise customers through a variety of transformative projects involving emerging technology topics such as ML/AI, data analytics, IoT and High performance compute; delivering business outcomes that contribute to our customers’ transformation journey. An SPM will focus on a geography and a set of technical specialties, and will manage a team of direct reports (including mangers). The SPM will develop a long-term plan to develop the right skills across the team, influence the go-to-market strategy within the region and collaborate across the entire AWS organisation to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
- Coach and teach – collaborate with field sales, pre-sales, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers drive business outcomes through application of emerging technologies.
- Deliver value – lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial sector.
- Lead great people – attract top IT/data specialisation talent (ML/AI, SAP, data analytics, IoT and high performance compute) to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills
- Be a customer advocate – Work with engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to technology roadmaps
- Engage customers – collaborate with enterprise sales managers to develop strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business, driving adoption of emerging technologies in key accounts.
- Engage with enterprise customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio. Develop bold cloud strategies with senior executives and present respective proposals.
- Strategically collaborate with our partner ecosystem, establish technical relationships with key Systems Integrators (SIs), Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and Managed Services Providers (MSPs) who are offering cloud-based services and solutions across the emerging technologies.
- Hire, develop and retain top talent. Set objectives, manage performance and coach your team to help them achieve their career goals.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of progressive technology implementation experience
- Influence delivery of projects, ensure high quality, on time and on budget delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to travel to client locations when needed.
- Practice leadership as manager of managers; team size >30 and P&L responsibility
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise data transformation, Big Data and Migration.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10+ years’ hands on experience delivering business value to customers with Data and Analytics, IoT, HPC and AI/ML solutions
- Has presented change management and transformation straegies to customer C-suite as well as to technical subject matter experts. Routinely engages at these levels with customers, as well as with their consulting partners
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A