Do you want to be part of an organization that is on the leading edge of operations involving sortation, distribution, and logistics as Amazon delivers world class service to our customers? The Amazon NASC Material Flow Optimization Team is looking for a proven technical leader with extensive experience leading projects and programs in applying planning and engineering principles to operations. This would also include developing and implementing process improvement initiatives within the logistics and distribution industry. As an MFO Operations Engineer, you will work with multiple teams and a broad set of stakeholders including labor planning, operations, network planning, and service performance in designing and improving our expanding network of North American Sort Centers, while challenging the status quo of existing operations. This position requires a firm understanding of engineering principles, planning, forecasting, cost estimating, and process flows along with proven management skills in leading and developing others.
- Plan and develop a dynamic network of facilities that is growing at a rate of 60% per year
- Apply engineering principles, develop processes, and improve operations
- Study operations to optimize and design new tools involving simulation and planning
- Train, coach, and mentor field Operations teams to empower them with leveraging operations tools and systems to meet daily business needs.
- Facilitate the set-up and integration within buildings of new products, services, and operations
- Develop innovative design concepts to improve throughput, facility utilization, and optimize labor
- Manage complex and quick-turn projects while demonstrating exceptional business judgement.
- Floor layout design and implementation
- Assess process improvement and transformation opportunities and partner with process owners and stakeholders to scope opportunities, define problem statements and objectives, and structure projects and teams
- Optimized flow modeling
- Develop strong, productive relationships across peer organization that further our business objectives.
- Exposure to optimization solvers/tools (such as CPLEX, Gurobi, AMPL, Xpress) and advanced simulation modeling tools (such as Flexsim, Arena, Simio)
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
- Management experience in operations within the logistics, distribution, or transportation industry
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully work with others
- Experience in developing and/or implementing Automation and Material Handling solutions
- Demonstrated ability to own projects, think big, and influence across all levels of an organization
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent technical field from an accredited university
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, Tableau, VBA or other scripting and data science tools
- 5+ years serving as an engineer in operations, logistics, distribution, or transportation
- BA or BS in Industrial Engineering, or equivalent technical field from an accredited university
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, ON, USA
Application Deadline: N/A