The Consumer Cloud Security (C2S) group is responsible for the protection of customer and corporate data. We’re connected to all parts of Amazon’s business and it’s massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We enable the Amazon business to build, architect and operate their enterprise scale systems securely on AWS. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is excited about leading the technical vision and architecture for mission critical systems that connect Amazon developers and services with AWS’s cloud platform. Our problem space presents the opportunity to innovate in areas such as enterprise scale resource management in the cloud, real time cloud intelligence and detection, and building systems that make it easy for service owners to establish functional and secure network connectivity, regardless of where their service or dependencies are hosted.
- You will partner with the leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that will influence and impact Amazon’s software stack on AWS.
- You will also have the unique opportunity to provide inputs to the next generation of AWS services by representing one of its largest enterprise customers, Amazon.
- The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
- They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment.
- They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very talented engineers.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and experience working in cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience in an engineering leadership position where you have been the owner of a technical architecture with other engineers working under your guidance.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Master’s Degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with Java and web based technologies
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX , USA
Application Deadline: N/A