Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners in South Africa use computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects using the newest technology? Would you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights on maximizing the value of computing technologies?
- Expertise – Collaborate with field business development, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
- Solutions – Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
- Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private and public services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using services.
- Insights – Work with engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of services.
- Infrastructure knowledge covering security, network, server, and storage is important
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10+ of IT implementation experience.
- Act as customer trusted advisor, by being able to communicate with IT Directors, and Head of Technology.
- Guides customers technical architecture and investments using Amazon roadmaps; maximizes alignment and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
- Ability to work closely with customers to identify their pain points and articulate the right solutions and making the right architecture decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent degree and/or experience.
- AWS Knowledge is nice to have but not mandatory.
- Technology senior architect, who has solid delivery experience leading complex projects, and large teams.
- Managed mass migrations (not necessarily in cloud) is important.
- Able to lead partners effectively through project executions.
- Bring best practices in the to the design and implementation.
- Work closely with account teams and pre-sales architects to build proper contracts, with right scope, solution, costs and delivery time frames, and is able to deliver those contracts effectively.
- Produce replicable solutions that can scale the go-to-market and accelerate delivery of projects.
- Ability to coach and mentor technical teams within ProServe.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrates experience in running complex projects.
- High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a diverse team.
- Strong track record of implementing services in a variety of distributed computing environments; Integration of services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc;
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Vertical industry experience (Healthcare, Education, Government) of contemporary services and solutions;
- AWS certification, or ability to get certified within three months of hire.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated cloud infrastructure.
- Demonstrates ability to be comfortable speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A