Amazon Opensearch Service makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale Opensearch for log analytics, application monitoring, full-text search, and more. Amazon Opensearch Service is a fully managed service that delivers Opensearch’s easy-to-use APIs and real-time capabilities along with offering predictable performance and seamless scalability for production workloads.
At AWS, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world’s leading internet companies. The Amazon Opensearch Service team is part of the rapidly growing AWS Database and Analytics group. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for Search Services in alignment with customer needs and market opportunities
- Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environment
- Design, develop and support a world-class search platform serving individuals and businesses of all sizes
- Work at the core of Opensearch and Apache Lucene open source software with opportunities to contribute to open source
- Work on challenging problems in areas such as data storage, query optimization, JVM performance optimization, security, machine learning and more.
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary languages are Java, Python, and C/C++
- Invent the future of search and log analytics in the cloud
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
- Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
- Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results
- 4+ years of experience with public cloud infrastructure
- Experience building customer centric enterprise products
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Code contributions to opensource projects
- 1+ years of building large scale distributed systems
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering degree
Experience with Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, or Apache Lucene
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A