The Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Triage Specialist (ACAT-TS) will be the primary contact working directly with applicants, candidates and leadership providing disability accommodations as they proceed through the pre-employment accommodation process. The person in this role will need to have exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, along with the customer service focus that jobseekers expect from Amazon.
- Participate in other activities, projects and other growth initiatives within the DLS program
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Responds to employee impacting issues that may arise during the Accommodation process and ensure the right communication occurs
- Answer a high volume of calls, emails and Instant Messages regarding accommodation requests
- Ability to develop proficient understanding of use of all applicable company information systems.
- Maintain a full caseload that may fluctuate during periods of high volume such as peak, prime day, new site launches, staffing changes, etc.
- Create and maintain accurate, timely, and compliant case records in the Accommodation information system
- Conduct initial interactive process with applicant-candidates, which includes the overview of the accommodation process, roles and responsibilities and timelines associated with the process
- Assess and triage the requests and provide guidance to jobseekers and stakeholders while ensuring a frustration-free experience
- Ensure quality and timeliness of measurement deliverables meet customer expectations.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Assess all preliminary information to determine the potential existence of a qualifying disability
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers that are causing friction before, during, or after the Accommodation process
- Perform accommodation reviews to ensure compliance with state/federal regulations and company policy supporting applicant-candidate requests for accommodation and quickly rendering triage decisions or referrals.
- Ability to travel as appropriate (up to 25% of the time)
- Ability to discern when to escalate complex issues to the Sr. Accommodation Consultant
- Detail orientation with ability to analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities and excellent follow up skills in a fast-paced environment
- Computer operating and database management skills
- Evidence of ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to make accommodation decisions
- Experience in advocacy, providing consultation and education on disability issues
- Strong time management and ownership of deliverables
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment with minimal direct supervision
- PHR and/or CPDM certification
- Evidence of ability to work with all levels of business
- Evidence of ability to prioritize, manage and complete work/projects with tight deadlines
Qualification & Experience:
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing in French
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- General understanding of Accessible Canada Act and other federal and provincial disability policies and laws
- 6+ months of experience managing cases or providing support to employees on disability, leave of absences, human resources, or employee relations functions
- Intermediate experience working with Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A