At Amazon, we’re working to be Earth’s most Customer-centric Company and Earth’s Best Employer. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build and expand the Cloud in Canada, this is your chance to make history.
- The Infrastructure Operations organization is looking for Data Center Technicians to take AWS Data Centre Operations to the next level.
- The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations.
- This position involves hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair and includes participation in an on-call rotation. All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, participate in site-level project work, and fix complex problems within the Data Center Space. This team works in an environment that operates 24/7.
- Good understanding of Linux or similar Operating Systems
- Bilingual in French and English. Ability to read and speak/communicate in French is considered an asset.
- Good understanding of network design, protocols and troubleshooting.
- Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
- Experience in problem solving and addressing customer service related issues by working with the customer and other internal teams
- Experience managing work and priorities through a ticketing system
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience in an IT related field.
- Experience with storage devices.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years of Computer Hardware, including troubleshooting and repair skills.
- 1+ years of Linux Operating Systems experience.
- 1+ years of Computer Networking experience.
- Experience with Storage Devices.
- Good understanding of scripting languages.
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 50lbs and or work in elevated locations.
- Availability to work in an environment that operates 24/7.
- Ability to work on a rotating shift schedule.
- Must have the ability to read/write/speak/communicate fluently (English) with respect to complex technical instructions and concepts.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, USA
Application Deadline: N/A