In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Advising and implementing AWS best practices
- Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
- Agile software development and DevOps
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation
- Hands on programing skills in any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, .NET or Scala
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Agile software development expert
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- 10+ years of an application programming and/or Hhnds-on technical application architecture experience
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed (25-50%)
- 10+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters Degree desired.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A