As an Enterprise Solutions Architect, you will partner with customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 1 year of experience architecting, provisioning, and deploying applications to public cloud environments or on-premises virtualized environments using C++, Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, Node.js or equivalent object-oriented programming language
- 3 years of experience in the job offered or related occupation.
- 1 year of experience with database architecture, performance tuning, big data processing, mobile app development, or Big Data/Hadoop.
- 3 years of experience designing, implementing, and consulting with large scale, distributed applications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A