As a Software Manager, you will lead a team to that will allow Amazon Care to enter a new segment, reaching new customers.
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca Amazon Care is a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare designed to make high-quality easy to access.
- As a Software Manager, you will lead a team to that will allow Amazon Care to enter a new segment, reaching new customers. Because this launch will cut across our existing services, you will partner with other engineering teams to bring features to life, requiring you to Dive Deep and Learn and Be Curious about a broad spectrum of topics including our patient and clinical experiences, AI/ML, BI, and virtually all aspects of the Amazon Care business. Successful candidates must be passionate about transforming healthcare and unwilling to accept the status quo. In this role, you will have a real opportunity to change things for the better.
- Open to Vancouver, Canada and Bay area locations Our team is dedicated to supporting new members.
- We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
- Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
- We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s written and verbal communication skill requirements for this role.
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software and processes through data analysis and metrics.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Experience working closely with product, design, and backend systems teams to design and deliver features.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity requirements for this role
- Experience deploying software using AWS services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Qualification & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years of people management experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A