There are petabytes of stored around the world, and we want to ensure that our customers sleep soundly at night knowing that their backup is securely protected from unexpected loss, corruption, and bad actors. AWS Backup enables you to centralize and automate data protection across AWS services. AWS Backup offers a cost-effective, fully managed, policy-based service that simplifies data protection at scale. AWS Backup also helps you support your regulatory compliance obligations and meets your business continuity goals. We are building a backup management service that can scale without limits, allowing customers to backup their data across thousands of accounts and getting reports on all their backed up resources. Our customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, healthcare, and technology.
- Shape a culture of innovation and serve your team of engineers so that they can leverage their full potential and grow.
- Mentor a team of talented and experienced software engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization.
- You will be successful in this role, if you bring deep technical and software expertise, and have strong business acumen and judgment. You have the ability to define visionary, groundbreaking products and the ability to hire and lead a team.
- Lead the design, implementation, testing and deployment of these services and prioritize the backlog.
- Take overall responsibility for growing and leading the business continuity software development team responsible for providing essential backup/restore workflows and automations cross-regions and cross-accounts
- Work with senior leadership to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our technical and business strategy.
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience influencing engineering best practices in your organization.
- Experience delivering and operating large-scale distributed systems
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience in Java and AWS Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A