As a Mainframe Solution Architect focused on ISV and SIs within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS) as well as the specific mainframe migration and modernization tools across the partner community. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement with strategic mainframe partners.
- Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful partner engagements worldwide.
- Create joint offerings which can include AWS services, ProServe, consulting partners, technology partners in order to deliver higher value propositions to customers with mainframes.
- Share customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS.
- Assist solution providers with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offering on the AWS platform.
- Advise customers and commercial sales teams on the AWS mainframe modernization approach, the value of partners, engagement, and recommend qualified partners to support customer needs.
- Lead technology partners to create new mainframe technical solutions or optimize solutions for AWS.
- Technical content composition and delivery: blogs, whitepapers, technical presentations at worldwide major conferences.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community.
- Enable and align consulting partners with AWS mainframe modernization approach and methodology.
- Showcase customer success from mainframe projects with partner case studies and thought leadership.
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Partner Team in helping to drive overall AWS mainframe technical strategy.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Past experience writing and publishing technical whitepapers desirable.
- Fluent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Understanding large IT budgets, complex vendor relationships, and working with diverse teams to justify cloud migrations.
- 5+ years of experience with mainframe, non-x86 legacy systems and with technologies such as COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 for z/OS, Assembler, PL/I, Java, Rexx, flat/sequential files, GDGs, and VSAM.
- Experience working on pre-sales initiatives such as RFP, RFI’s etc. for mainframe modernization projects.
- Depth in various migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, re-architect, replatform, repurchase, etc.
- Multi-tier distributed architecture experience within IT consulting, IT operations, application development or support to include the following: experience migrating, architecting, operating on premises or cloud-based solutions, or experience transforming legacy IT solutions, and working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer facing roles and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect, or Lead Architect role, with some experience leading the discovery, design, and construction of large-scale Mainframe migration solutions.
- 5+ Experience architecting highly available, resilient, fault tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal/vertical scaling and high availability.
- 3+ years of experience migrating workloads from mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems to distributed x86 infrastructures on-premises or in the Cloud.
- Experience of using IBM mainframe and ISV tools for maintaining online or batch applications.
- 3+ years of experience integrating mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems with distributed Linux-based or Windows-based x86 servers.
- BA/BS degree is desired; Information Technology, Computer Science or Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A