The Principal Engineer (PE) Recruiting Team is a small start-up team, within Amazon’s Executive Staffing Organization, in the midst of a scale-out effort. The Team hires Principal, Senior Principal, and Distinguished Engineers – the Company’s most senior technical contributors. Members of Amazon’s Principal Engineering Community are exemplary practitioners and pragmatic visionaries. Our Principal Engineers set the standard for engineering excellence across Amazon. In order to scale Amazon’s Principal Engineering Community, the PE Recruiting Team is looking for a Research Recruiter who shares a passion for hiring the best and the brightest engineers in the world.
- Conducting phone interviews and preparing candidates for on-site interviews, participating in pre-brief meetings.
- Acting as a talent adviser to Technical and Business Leaders across Amazon – educating Hiring Managers about the external Principal Engineer demographic.
- Self-assured, not easily thrown, able to think on your feet; this individual may be called upon to work on highly confidential searches with very senior leaders
- Supporting client update meetings on active searches with market relevant content.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Developing prospects into candidates, engaging them and performing assessment/screening and presenting candidates to executive leadership.
- Serving as an expert for technology recruiting. Continuous company and talent mapping in key tech areas for the company.
- Research acumen and creativity; An individual who can learn new tech and product domains quickly and understand how to craft effective search strategies within those domains
- Continually contributing to the knowledge base of the group and Amazon, as a whole, by providing education on relevant industries and talent pools/profiles.
- Clearly communicating status and progress against open searches. Providing strategic guidance to executive leadership in matters related to top technical talent.
- Superb communication skills; a compelling communicator able to engage the attention of busy, senior executives
- Building out talent networks in technology and product sectors and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an on-going pool of candidates.
- Inquisitive; a strong desire to learn
- Coaching leaders to continuously improve their talent acquisition capabilities – especially at senior level.
- Developing a robust, multi-channel, search strategy that will attract world class technical contributors.
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Results oriented
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- 4+ years of progressive corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on passive engineering candidate generation in a high tech market.
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Provides superior client service
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- 2+ years of experience advising and influencing executive leadership
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, USA
Application Deadline: N/A