This will include the extension of existing facilities and any new sites. The Pre-Construction Manager will join the MENA Pre-Construction Team and play an integral role in the development and implementation of the MENA facility network infrastructure focusing primarily on our large Fulfilment Centers and Smaller AMZL Buildings. This role will analyze and evaluate different facility scenarios and build-out designs. In addition, this candidate has to support the standardization of the technical and facility related processes and systems and the selection of sites and third parties agreements for lease
- Coordinate initial architectural design and permit submittals as required.
- Manage due diligence, utility and other coordination efforts prior to construction hand-off.
- Provide coordination of all engineering and architectural specifications for each building type – including but not limited to internal composite coordination, site-specific information including site surveys, existing drawings and site visits, transportation and traffic control, internal Building requirements sheet , and specific Lines Of Business requirements/standards.
- Maintain repository for all pre-construction work product by site.
- Provide complete and accurate documentation for construction hand-off. Including but not limited to contacts, drawings, permit status, lease language & exhibits, capital request breakdown, any LL contributions or reimbursements, and any other work product that has been completed by Pre-Construction.
- Develop and provide supporting documents for lease execution – for example, site plans, work letters, schedules, phasing plans, etc.
- Develop initial construction schedules and sequences for phasing of construction if necessary.
- Obtain and document all specifics regarding projects from site selection and transaction management. Research and compile all available information for site.
- Create construction estimates for capital requests, and other planning efforts.
- Ability to travel throughout MENA up to 40% of the time
- Candidate must speak fluent English (Arabic is an asset)
- Ability to speak any other languages is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.)
- German, French, Polish, Arabic
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts
- Master’s degree in engineering/ architecture or construction management
- Experience leading and managing a team, including, coaching and disciplinary actions, as needed
- Proved experience as design, project and construction manager from design phase through implementation and operation
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Architectural, Engineering, Construction Management or comparable field or Amazon experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A