As a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) for ELB High Performance Data Plane , you will be responsible for leading a group of top talent in the design and development of a new high performance data plane to enable micro seconds latency for hundreds of billions packets per second and handle significant percentage of Internet traffic. In this role, you will drive the design and implementation of new technologies to enable ELB scaling at massive scale. You will define, plan and execute on technical implementation to drive game changing improvements for ELB data plane.
- Our team puts a high value on work-life balance.
- It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
- We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment.
- We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- Success in this role requires an SDE experienced in building high performance low latency distributed networking applications.
- You must be familiar with inner workings of packet processing at the kernel level and adept at writing code for distributed packet processing.
- You should also be an expert in integration of software components and Application Programming Interface (API) development in multiple languages.
- You should have proven skills in operational excellence for large scale systems, failure monitoring and recovery, metrics and visibility.
- You are a natural leader who not only sets the bar for software design, development and delivery but also mentors and coaches other engineers, which is a key part of your role.
- Come work hard and make history with ELB.
- Our team is dedicated to supporting new members.
- We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
- Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
- We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
- Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience of developing TCP, TLS, and HTTP Load Balancers
- Knowledge of multiple modern programming languages such as Rust, C, or C++ and high performance libraries such as DPDK and Linux XDP
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A