At AWS, we are hiring the best hands-on database migration experts, who can help our clients and partners migrate their business-critical databases to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS cloud. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to determine database migration strategies, build database migration business cases, analyze customers’ database portfolios, perform database assessments, develop database migration plans, design database migration processes, implement database migration tools, support the database migration execution, and ensure operational integration. These professional services engagements will focus on leading our customers through large-scale database migration programs and helping customers move from traditional commercial databases, warehouses, and NoSQL systems to AWS managed database services including open-source RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, DocumentDB and others.
- Understanding of virtualization technologies and system architectures that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
- Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
- Ability to write and tune SQL queries
- Understanding and ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control
- Relevant application/database replatforming experience (commercial to open-source engines)
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Good experience with agile project management methodologies
- Experience in open-source database technology platforms such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with migrating database environments from one platform to another, with hands-on expertise in two or more of the following domains: database migration strategy design, database migration business case creation, database portfolio analysis, database assessment, database migration process design, database migration tool implementation, database migration execution, or operational integration
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in ETL/ELT workflow management
- Experience in writing complex PL/SQL, PL/PgSQL and stored procedures
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
- Experience working with high availability and server tuning including parameters, resources, contention etc.
- 5+ years of experience in Oracle or SQL Server
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience with custom/COTS applications and their implementation/maintenance
- Experience working directly with customers and partner
- Experience with multi-terabyte large databases across multiple database platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Netezza, Teradata, Vertica, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A