At , we’re hiring highly technical Cloud Transformation Consultants to help our partners and clients develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
- Expertise – Collaborate with field business development, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
- Solutions – Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
- Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private and public services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using services.
- Insights – Work with engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of services.
- AWS Knowledge is nice to have but not mandatory.
- Infrastructure knowledge covering security, network, server, and storage is important
- Ability to work closely with customers to identify their pain points and articulate the right solutions and making the right architecture decisions.
- Act as customer trusted advisor, by being able to communicate with IT Directors, and Head of Technology.
- Able to lead partners effectively through project executions.
- Ability to coach and mentor technical teams within ProServe.
- Bring best practices in the to the design and implementation.
- Produce replicable solutions that can scale the go-to-market and accelerate delivery of projects.
- Work closely with account teams and pre-sales architects to build proper contracts, with right scope, solution, costs and delivery time frames, and is able to deliver those contracts effectively.
- Managed mass migrations (not necessarily in cloud) is important.
- Guides customers technical architecture and investments using Amazon roadmaps; maximizes alignment and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
- Demonstrates ability to be comfortable speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
- Strong track record of implementing services in a variety of distributed computing environments; Integration of services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc;
- High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Demonstrates experience in running complex projects.
- AWS certification, or ability to get certified within three months of hire.
- Vertical industry experience (Healthcare, Education, Government) of contemporary services and solutions;
- Demonstrates ability to work in a diverse team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated cloud infrastructure.
- Technology senior architect, who has solid delivery experience leading complex projects, and large teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent degree and/or experience.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10+ of IT implementation experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A