Our team undertakes research together with multiple organizations to advance the state-of-the-art in speech technologies. We not only work on giving Alexa, the ground-breaking service that powers Echo, her voice, but we also develop cutting-edge technologies with Amazon Studios, the provider of original content for Prime Video. Do you want to be part of the team developing the latest technology that impacts the customer experience of ground-breaking products? Then come join us and make history.
- Participate and lead the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models for text-to-speech applications.
- Research and implement novel ML and statistical approaches to add value to the business.
- Participate in research activities including the application and evaluation of text-to-speech techniques for novel applications.
- Mentor junior engineers and scientists.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Comprehensive and deep knowledge in fields such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, TTS, ASR, NLU or Statistical modelling with at least one publication, as first author, in a leading conference or journal related to one of these fields.
- PhD with specialization in text-to-speech, natural language processing, or machine learning.
- Hands on experience with machine learning frameworks such as MXNet, TensorFlow, or PyTorch.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field.
Qualification & Experience:
- PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Master’s degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience.
- Extensive experience in developing speech synthesis and natural language processing models (e.g., commercial speech products or government speech projects).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A