Our team is responsible for the manual assessment of all products, services and software released by AWS. We specialize in digging deep to find security issues that static analysis tools can’t, and write the tooling to help with these goals. The AWS surface area is large and diverse, and we use results found in manual analysis to help improve our enterprise-wide automation to proactively spot and fix potential security issues to protect customers.
- Conduct independent vulnerability research pertaining to AWS relevant technologies
- Manually audit the source code of web services and software authored in house by Amazon
- Partner with AWS developers to drive improvement in application security as a result of security review engagements
- Write proof of concept code to demonstrate the severity of a potential security issue
- Provide actionable long term risk mitigation guidance
- Provide clear communication on issues to developers that suggest and help to test the fix
- Experience with bug hunting, bug bounties, capture the flag, software development
- Minimum of 5 years of experience scripting in Python or other equivalent interpreted languages.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Customer Security, or equivalent professional experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with security engineering practices such as in web application security, network security, authentication and authorization protocols, cryptography, automation and other software security disciplines.
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with AWS technologies and services (e.g. S3, Lambda, EC2, KMS, IAM, etc.)
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in source code auditing, bug hunting or CTF experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A