Are you interested in helping the Canadian public sector implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for technically astute Consultants to accelerate our growing Professional Services business. At Amazon we’re constantly looking for leaders who can invent, think big, have a bias for action, and who want to deliver for customers. Those principles are very familiar to those who served their country in the armed forces and we welcome your application. These positions require that candidates selected currently possess and maintain an active security clearance.
- Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices).
- Lead technical discussions with customer IT executives and hands on delivery teams to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
- Capturing requirements, business goals and objectives and helping create technology solutions using AWS Services.
- The delivery of high-quality engagements around services, solution areas, and technologies into diverse client environments leveraging available IP and following defined delivery methodologies and service offerings.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Familiarity with design and configuration of monitoring tools
- Ability to be mobile and travel for projects
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work and lead effectively across internal and external organizations
- Cloud implementation experience
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, load balancing and firewalling
- Demonstrated hands on experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
- Understanding of and experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST)
- Demonstrated scripting skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with revision control source code repositories
- Certification in AWS or other CSP
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments
- Experience with automated testing tools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A