Website Alberta Health Services
As a Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN), you will provide leadership through a wide variety of nursing services to patients (clients, residents) for the purpose of promoting, maintaining or restoring health, mental health and preventing mental illness, injury and disability. You will teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and take necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. You will provide safe, quality patient and family centered care, while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- The Registered Psychiatric Nurse/Registered Nurse – Mental Health working with Rocky Mountain house Addiction & Mental Health services is a member of a multidisciplinary team who works with clients to foster engagement, enhance motivation and improve health by providing community based, recovery-oriented therapy and case management for people experiencing mental illness and concurrent disorders.
- Advanced knowledge of mental illness, and evidence based/ evidence-informed treatment (including risk assessment and crisis management) and an ability to identify and provide support for concurrent disorders and medical co-morbidity is required.
- Completion of an accredited Psychiatric nursing education program.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Alberta (CRPNA). Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Training required: Suicide Intervention, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention. Experience: 5 years in a mental health related capacity.
- License(s)/Certificate(s): Professional Membership(s): Professional certificates, registrations and designations, in order to practice.
- BLS certification through Heart & Stroke, Must have full registration with the appropriate health profession regulating body (CARNA or CRPNA) suitable for engagement of activities restricted within the Health Professions Act.
- Will consider: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Diploma in R.P.N. with advanced training in assessment and provision of psychotherapy.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rocky Point, New South Wales, AUS
Application Deadline: N/A