Website Alberta Health Services
As a Maintenance Worker III, you may perform a variety of skilled maintenance and repair work on patient and hospital equipment and complex mechanical systems to ensure safety and efficient operation of the building systems and equipment. You may utilize your maintenance skills and experience in the performance of preventative and demand maintenance within the exterior and interior of the building. Your duties may include troubleshooting and repairing electronic components on patient and hospital equipment; monitoring, troubleshooting and performing repairs on boilers, HVAC, medical air and vacuum systems and pure water systems. In addition, you may be required to coordinate and assign work to other Maintenance Worker staff in order to meet operational requirements.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field and/or 1 year specialized/technical training in a related field OR 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate as per ABSA kW rating guidelines or AHS standards where boiler support is necessary.
- Possession of a valid driver’s licence.
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent education is required.
- Minimum ABSA 5th Class Power Engineer certificate is required for this position.
- Where applicant may have acceptable related experience and training, temporary exemption may be extended where applicant agrees to obtain temporary certification within two months and permanent
- ABSA certification within twelve months of date of hire.
- All related training and certification fees are at the expense of the employee.
- This position requires Class 5 Alberta driver’s license and driving record acceptable to operate AHS vehicles and equipment.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude is required with at least one year experience in plant operations and maintenance. Basic computer skills in Windows operating environment is a requirement.
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively troubleshoot and solve operational problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Strong commitment to client satisfaction and to promote teamwork and partnerships.
- On call coverage will require employee to be available within acceptable response time to facility issues (20 minutes).
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Slave Lake, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A