Website Alberta Health Services
As a Social Worker II, you will be a member of an inter-disciplinary team and provides a range of social work services to patients and their families. Your services may include: psychosocial assessment, resource-based interventions, individual, group and family treatment, risk screening, counselling, case management and coordination, transition or discharge planning, and prevention, promotion and public awareness activities.
- As a member of the Community Addiction and Mental Health Service, the primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate the Clubhouse program.
- Clubhouse is a rehabilitative, member driven community where we foster growth, hope and recovery for adults with a mental illness.
- The program is based on the International Centre for Clubhouse Development (IDDC) clubhouse model of Psychosocial Rehabilitation.
- The program improves the prevocational, vocational, social, recreational and living skills of members and encourages them to return to employment or study where appropriate.
- Clubhouse addresses isolation and quality of life issues, links program members to local community programs and activities, and works with the local community to improve their understanding of mental illness.
- The program provides education to the community.
- The program promotes the integration of people with a mental illness into the community. Essential to the effectiveness of the program is the involvement of consumers (members) in all aspects of service planning, operation, evaluation and decision making.
- The incumbent reports to a community board as well as a supervisor within Addiction and Mental Health Services.
- Some flexibility with work hours and days may be required to accommodate community events. Duties include travel within the Region.
- Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
- This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in Social Work.
- Active or eligible for registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW).
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Peace River, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A