Website Alberta Health Services
If you are a Registered Nurse who likes small town living, and enjoys working with the elderly, then this position in Oyen might be for you! Big Country Hospital, Continuing Care Unit, is a 30 bed unit located in a rural setting where Registered Nurses work within an interdisciplinary team environment to provide client centered care. The Registered Nurse will be required to provide leadership including direction, supervision, mentoring, constructive feedback and client care coordination to other professionals and unregulated staff, in this case coordination role. The Registered Nurse must have the ability to use critical thinking skills to plan, assess, implement and evaluate client centered care. Home to approximately 1,070 residents, Oyen is located in southeastern Alberta, 297 km from Calgary, and 40 km from the Saskatchewan border. The main industries include farming, ranching, oil and gas, along with a growing tourism sector. There’s a range of shops and restaurants to choose from, with the largest single employer in town being Alberta Health Services’ two facilities, the Big Country Hospital and Oyen Community Health Services. This position qualifies for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program, which reimburses $4,000 per year (up to a maximum of 5 years) for working in the rural Oyen setting. There may be opportunity to add casual shifts on ED/Acute Care.
- As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, communities and populations, while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. In your role, you will utilize nursing processes, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and their families.
- You will play a leadership role in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance.
- You will provide safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program. Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Big Stone City, SD, USA
Application Deadline: N/A