Website Alberta Health Services
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, communities and populations, while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. In your role, you will utilize nursing processes, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and their families. You will play a leadership role in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance. You will provide safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will be working in the Acute Care departments of the Rocky Mountain House Health Centre providing effective leadership to a multidisciplinary team. They include 31 Acute Medical and Surgical beds, 24 hour Emergency room and Labor and Delivery.
- New graduate RNs will be considered.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team of compassionate and dedicated healthcare professionals, you will utilize your critical thinking and problem solving skills to competently provide direct patient and family centered care to clients across the life span.
- You will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, quality care following policies and guidelines of AHS.
- While demonstrating a professional, positive attitude, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, you have the ability to respond appropriately to a client’s change in status and prioritize conflicting demands.
- You accept responsibility for continuing competencies through ongoing professional development, including participation in education programs, and continuous improvement activities.
- Rocky Mountain House is located 1 hour west of Red Deer along the North Saskatchewan River.
- One statement that could describe it is “recreational playground”.
- To the west there is a vast recreational area, with scenic hiking, sight-seeing and camping opportunities.
- There are many lakes, rivers and streams in the area. Our multicultural community has a small town feel with big city amenities nearby.
- The traffic jams, lineups, and other annoyances that come with larger centers do not happen here.
- Rocky Mountain House has a friendly, vibrant feel that includes a welcoming team to assist newcomers in feeling welcome and included. Despite its size, Rocky Mountain House is fortunate to offer a wide spectrum of services to its trading area of 21,000 people.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
One year experience in Acute Medical or General Surgical or Labor and Delivery, or Emergency.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rocky Point, New South Wales, AUS
Application Deadline: N/A