Website Alberta Health Services
Reporting to the Manager, Patient Food Services the Supervisor has responsibility for maintaining operations at the site level, aligning AHS, NFS and site priorities with the delivery of patient food services. Responsibilities and accountabilities include but are not limited to: Provision of frontline staff direction and supervision of patient and retail food service operations. Completion of human resources activities (including but not limited to the recruitment process, performance appraisals, investigations, performance management, application of the collective agreement, etc.). Manages food, supply and labor expenses to achieve financial targets. Ensures safe work practice and conditions. Participates in the development and implementation of menus that are customized to meet local customer profiles, cost factors, labor productivity targets and standards set by NFS. Promotes quality improvement and staff engagement in operational problem solving. Key contact to site administration and patient care for matters relating to Patient Food Services. Site compliance to guidelines, standards and regulatory directives
- Completion of a post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in a related field.
- Experience working with Microsoft Applications.
- Experience managing human, financial and physical resources.
- Experience working in a Food Services supervisory role.
- Experience in a hospital or a long term care setting.
- Completion of an accredited Dietetic Internship.
- Completion of safe food handling certificate.
- Experience supervising a unionized workforce.
- Experience leading projects and organizational initiatives.
- Experience with process improvement & change management methodologies (ie. Prosci, Lean Six Sigma).
- Experience supervising within a multi-site operating environment.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ponoka, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A