Website Alberta Health Services
As a Dental Hygienist, you will provide clinical oral health care services, health promotion and preventive educational programs. You will examine and chart oral conditions, assess periodontal status, analyzes and interpret client’s/patient’s condition to develop a client/patient centered diagnosis/assessment and treatment plan. You will provide public education regarding oral health. You will develop and provide in-service and training sessions; dental screening and preventive dental services to schools and participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of oral health programs.
- Active or eligible for registration with the College of Registered Dental Hygienists of Alberta (CRDHA).
- Previous experience in outbreak management or case investigation/contact tracing.
- Effective organizational, planning and time management abilities.
- Demonstrates accountable, ethical practice and professionalism in working with clients, peers, and other health care providers, and the public in a culturally competent manner.
- Demonstrates high flexibility and adaptability to change with high standards of professionalism and diligence with the ability to work in a fast paced, at times stressful, and challenging environment.
- Ability to be self-directed and exercise strong independent clinical judgment. Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated competency with computer applications to complete timely clinical documentation.
- Strong skills in MS Office.
- Experience in triaging, assessing and advising clients who present with varied and often complex issues and/or problems.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A