Website Alberta Health Services
As an Addiction Counsellor III, you will provide quality, client focused, recovery based and culturally appropriate assessment, treatment, case management, crisis intervention, education and referral services for clients and their families; as well as community stabilization services. You will develop and implement treatment plans and provide a range of interventions which offer least intrusive and most appropriate services to clients and their families. You will also monitor and evaluate client progress and achievement of recovery goals and adapt treatment as needed. As an Addiction Counsellor III, you will depend on your excellent relationship building skills with clients, families, government staff and colleagues.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Addictions or a combination of a bachelor’s degree in a related field with course work in addictions.
- A related degree combined with a diploma related to addictions, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, may be considered.
- Individuals eligible for registration under the Health Professions Act must maintain active registration.
- Individuals may require authorization/permission under regulation to perform restricted psychosocial interventions and/or restricted activities.
- Minimum 1 year of practice.
- Strong connections to addiction resources throughout the province.
- Experience with referrals to private and public agencies.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A