Website Alberta Health Services
As an Emergency Communications Officer, you will provide safe and effective emergency medical call taking and dispatch services to ambulances. Through established guidelines, you will evaluate and process emergency and non-emergency calls, be responsible for making key decisions and contribute to the EMS dispatch process and strategies.
- You’re a great communicator – when both talking and listening. Able to keep a cool head under pressure, you’re the calm, confident voice on the phone with 911 callers collecting the necessary information to dispatch emergency crews.
- You can quickly and accurately transcribe calls as they come in, prioritize tasks on the fly, and clearly relay essential information.
- Alberta Health Services (AHS) has an exciting role for an Emergency Communications Officer (ECO) in a beautiful and friendly northern community.
- Nestled in the scenic Peace River valley, the Peace River Community Health Centre provides a full range of healthcare services.
- Residents enjoy arts, sports, and social groups and activities – there are hockey teams for all ages and stages, summer jet-boat races, and easy access to nature for your favorite outdoor activities.
- Canada’s first, fully-integrated provincial healthcare system, AHS has also been named among the top 100 Canadian employers, top 75 Alberta employers, and a top employer for diversity and young people. Discover a supportive employer, a career that fits your lifestyle, and endless opportunities for professional development.
- This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
- Candidates undergo a multi-step screening process.
- Step one is an online prioritization assessment, step two assesses your listening and typing accuracy, and step three, a job interview.
- The successful candidate will receive on-the-job training, followed by “buddy” shifts with an experienced ECO before working independently.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) certification required; where the successful candidate does not currently hold EMD certification, the certification course will be provided upon hire.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Peace River, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A