Website Alberta Health Services
As an Environmental I, you will be responsible for performing a variety of routine tasks associated with the cleaning and disinfecting of clinical and non-clinical healthcare environments. Your typical duties may include sweeping, mopping and vacuuming, restocking supplies in bathroom facilities and, stripping linen and remaking beds. This includes replenishing cleaning supplies and linens and identifying and reporting potential hazards to your Working Leader.
- You’re dependable, efficient, and have a high respect for safety.
- More than looking nice and providing a more pleasant atmosphere, hospitals and healthcare facilities that are thoroughly cleaned, sanitized, and maintained provide a healthier environment for healing.
- With a strong work ethic and great attention to detail, no wastebasket gets missed and no spill is left for long with you around! Alberta Health Services is currently seeking someone like you to join our Environmental Services team to work as a cleaner/housekeeper.
- In this role, you will make a difference to everyone’s experience at AHS – staff, volunteers, patients and families alike.
- The Environmental Services I – Cleaner/Housekeeper, performs a range of cleaning services in clinical and non-clinical areas, including patient rooms, staff areas, and public areas.
- Make a difference in your own community. Keep the facility clean and help make everyone’s time at Big Country Hospital in Oyen safer, healthier, and more pleasant.
- Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Knowledge and operation of a computer including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and perform repetitive movements for the duration of your shift.
- Physically capable to lift, push and pull up to 22 lbs of force.
- Previous related cleaning experience in a health care organization is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in responding to changing demands and workloads.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to read, write and communicated proficiently in English.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Big Stone City, SD, USA
Application Deadline: N/A