Website Alberta Health Services
As a Nurse Clinician (NC), you will be responsible for the coordination of an interprofessional team, in the provision of quality patient (client, resident) care in order to meet the operational priorities and requirements within a clinical setting. You will use an integrative leadership approach in assisting, planning, implementing and evaluating care needs, while assuming responsibility for staff assignments, patient flow and clinical resources. You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Must have min 3 years recent experience in Acute Medicine.
- The NC pursues regular professional development opportunities and maintenance of professional designation.
- The successful applicant must be prepared and willing to support all levels of learning professionals.
- The successful applicant will be receptive to and participate in unit and site change initiatives.
- The NC must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The following advanced competencies are required: IV push certification. PCA certification. CVC certification.
- BiPaP certification. Chest tube care and management.
- Conscience sedation.
- The successful applicant is aware of and willing to work to full scope of practice.
- Requires the ability to function capably in a highly acute rapid paced environment.
- Able to manage admissions/discharges and prioritize care needs for Acute Medical population.
- Excellent communication and organization skills required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SCM and clinical documentation standards.
- Experience with a care hub and CoACT.
- Current BCLS and N95 fit testing is required.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A