Website Alberta Health Services
As the Mental Health Therapist, you will be required to perform the restricted activity of psychosocial intervention utilizing a variety of treatment modalities (individual, family, group) to persons experiencing significant mental health difficulties. Working both independently and as a member of a collaborative multidisciplinary team, you will provide evidence informed and best practices in crisis intervention, assessment, consultation, referral, case management and treatment.
- Completion of one of the following programs: master’s degree in Psychology; master’s degree in Social Work (clinical specialization) including education in mental health assessment and psychotherapy; master’s degree in Occupational Therapy including training and experience in mental health assessment and provision of psychotherapy; master’s degree in Nursing and Psychiatric Nursing including training and experience in mental health assessment and provision of psychotherapy.
- Active or eligible for registration with the applicable regulatory college.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of relevant mental health experience. Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- A minimum of 3 years direct crisis experience, preferably in a community setting.
- Formal clinical training in triage, intervention, stabilization and case management skills, preferably in a community setting.
- Ability to ambulate, climb stairs, and move quickly without limitations in a variety of environments.
- Extensive knowledge of the resources of Addiction and Mental Health and the community.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 driver’s license as work-related travel is required.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A