Website Alberta Health Services
If you welcome a different pace of life and look for the chance to use the full scope of your clinical practice, EMS in Northern Alberta could be the opportunity fit for you! Emergency Medical Services (EMS) at Alberta Health Services is seeking an Advance Care Paramedic to join their Northern Alberta service area. This Paramedic will be committed to the mission of EMS; to make sure Albertans get the right care, in the right place, at the right time. Where you will be stationed: Valleyview The successful candidate will be the type of person who demonstrates critical thinking, is self-motivated, respectful, possesses conflict management skills, is accountable, able to hold themselves to a high level of integrity, and is patient & community minded; someone who is passionate about making positive impacts on the communities they serve. In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
- As a Paramedic, you will assess emergency scenes and patients and may transport ill or injured patients from scenes of emergency and/or between facilities.
- This includes operating ambulances or other modes of transportation.
- You will treat patients by administering medications, advanced life support (ALS) airway adjuncts and electrical therapy.
- You may also lead the ALS crew in delivering clinical care during patient transport or at emergency scenes.
- You will assist with ensuring that ambulances or other Emergency Medical Services (EMS) vehicles, such as transfer vans, are properly stocked and equipped.
- Alberta Health Services EMS requires the proof of the successful completion of the Functional Abilities Recruitment Evaluation (F.A.R.E.) test via the certificate provided by the Lifemark organization for all applicants external to AHS or internal to AHS, who do not already hold a clinical position within AHS EMS (VESST, Clinical Educator, EMR, PCP, ACP and Community Paramedic).
- Your F.A.R.E. test must be completed six (6) prior to the date of your application.
- Alberta Health Services EMS may verify results with Lifemark to ensure the candidate has successfully completed the test.
- Please contact Lifemark at www.lifemark.ca/alberta-health-services to find more information on the F.A.R.E. test and how to book your evaluation.
- Completion of an accredited Advanced Care Paramedic program.
- Active registration with Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) as an Advanced Care Paramedic.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support – Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP). Must hold a valid Class 4 Alberta Operator’s Licence with no more than six (6) demerits.
- Completion of the Functional Abilities Recruitment Evaluation (F.A.R.E.) test taken no more than six (6) months prior to the application date.
- Experience with EMS: practices and procedures in the North Zone, within the past (3) years; working in a suburban/rural emergency environment, within the past (3) years; working in an inter-facility transport environment; in patient care in a clinical or pre-hospital setting.
- Active Casual in the North Zone.
- Additional education related to EMS or professional competencies of leadership or communication.
- Willing to orientate entry level candidates with an interest in North Zone.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Valleyview, OH, USA
Application Deadline: N/A