Website Alberta Health Services
As an Environmental II, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with intensive or specialized cleaning within a hospital or facility associated with industrial cleaning supplies and by using powered industrial equipment. Your typical duties may include operating industrial cleaning equipment for floor maintenance, thorough washing of ceilings and windows and emptying hazardous waste. You may also provide training/orientation to Environmental staff.
- General knowledge of cleaning techniques and methods required Good customer service and interpersonal skills required Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written format Physical effort/ strength required: Frequent physical demands include; standing, walking for long periods of time, lifting below waist, waist to shoulder, bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling.
- A range of lifting between floor to above shoulders, capable of lifting 25-50 pounds on a regular basis Bending at knees, bending forward, pushing, pulling, reaching, squatting, kneeling, Standing and walking for the majority of the shift Arm, wrist, elbow and shoulder work for the majority of the shift.
- Ability to climb ladders, use manual cleaning equipment such as both wet and dry mops, dusters, cleaning cloths, toilet brushes, squeegees, scrappers, use power cleaning equipment such as buffers, striping machines, auto scrubbers, burnisher’s, vacuums and carpet cleaners.
- Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent. Knowledge and operation of a computer including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and perform repetitive movements for the duration of your shift.
- Physically capable to lift, push and pull up to 30 lbs of force.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Westlock, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A