Website Alberta Health Services
We require an enthusiastic and experienced Administrative Assistant IV for the Bariatric Specialty Clinic Red Deer Regional Hospital. The Administrative Assistant IV position works autonomously and collaboratively with the members of the Bariatric Clinic staff to ensure administrative tasks are completed in a timely fashion. As an Administrative Support IV, you will require advanced administrative or specialized skills and knowledge to support complex procedures, practices and initiatives within the program. The goal of the Bariatric Specialty Clinic program is to provide patient-centered, evidence-based and holistic care to our patients who are dealing with obesity. By using a coordinated, multidisciplinary approach, the team strives to support patients who want to improve their social determinants of health and support healthy weight management. This position assists in the management of correspondence, documents, scheduling of appointments and maintenance of staff calendars as well as other tasks designated by management to support the functioning of the clinic. Tasks assigned may be of a confidential or sensitive nature requiring sound judgment and discretion. The Admin Assistant IV demonstrates effective, open communication skills. He/she shows independence and initiative in managing assigned tasks.
- Post secondary education in a related field, unit clerk program, and other related fields.
- Computer and data collection skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft office, email, excel, Zoom and Skype is required.
- Requires a high degree of interpersonal skills, critical thinking, initiative, communication and problem solving.
- Facilitates communication with all other required parties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated reliability and dependability in meeting work and time commitments.
- Demonstrates collaborative and collegial interactions with others in the in the clinic.
- Maintains confidentiality of client records and information at all times in accordance with the procedures for release of information and FOIP.
- Able to work in a stressful, rapidly changing environment while maintaining a pleasant positive demeanor.
- Establishes and maintains productive relations with others. Is respectful, tactful, polite and diplomatic when working with others.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A