Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for developing and executing product strategy and tactical implementation of global initiatives for Abbott’s leading transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVr) therapy. This includes development of marketing plans and activities that drive commercial success of the product in a manner that highlights differentiation and value. This “product champion” will be a steward of our TMVr brand, and a product representative to our internal regional marketing partners and external stakeholders/customers from around the world. You will be located at our Santa Clara, CA location or our Plymouth, MN location after quarantine.
- Development of awareness and education strategies to target referring physicians and patients.
- Responsible for working with cross-functional partners in Upstream Marketing, Training & Education, R&D, Clinical, Regulatory, and in particular with our Regional Marketing and field partners to leverage successful marketing and sales programs, develop new programs and ensure initiatives have impact in the operating year.
- Identify drivers of growth for MitraClip and develop multichannel commercial tactics in partnership with global upstream marketing and geographic commercial teams.
- Development of awareness, education and trial programs for ICs and surgeons who currently are not implanting MitraClip or have not adopted MitraClip.
- Responsible for developing the franchise marketing plan and supporting the development of the product launch and therapy development plans for Transcatheter Mitral Repair..
- Excellent communication skills—has frequent contact with key opinion leaders and broad customer contact as well as interfaces with senior-level management from cross functional groups and geographies to facilitate product related decisions.
- Ability to uses conflict resolution skills to achieve results through cross functional groups.
- Strong influence management skills—effectively influences a wide variety geographies/cultures including Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan, Australia and Canada and functions including regulatory, sales, marketing, research, manufacturing and other cross functional
- Strong team player—ability to work as a key member of the global marketing team who is accountable to global marketing team as well as the product division and geographical marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar major
- 5+ years of product marketing and commercial launch experience within medical device or similar industry.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of cardiovascular disease, physiology and products.
- Knowledge/experience with customer base—cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, nurses.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A